Nisi Dominus aedificaverit domum, in vanum laborant qui aedificaverunt eam - "Unless the Lord built the house, they worked in vain who built it" Ps. 127

Monday, March 15, 2021

Do You Consider Yourself a Leper? (from Spes in Domino)

       A few years ago, during a previous Lent, I attended a mass in which the Gospel reading came from Matthew 8, which included the following passage:

 . . . and behold, a leper came to him and knelt before him, saying, "Lord, if you will, you can make me clean."  And he stretched out his hand and touched him, saying, "I will; be clean." And immediately his leprosy was cleansed. (Matthew 8:2-3)


     Father began his homily with the question, "Do you consider yourself a leper?"  Well, I had never thought of myself as a leper . . . 

[click HERE to continue reading this post on Spes in Domino]


No comments:

Post a Comment